Sertoma stands for Service to Mankind.
- Weekly meetings are held on Tuesdays, from 11:30am-1:00pm at the Old Barn Out Back located at 3175 W. Elm St., Lima, unless otherwise noted.
- Weekly meal costs are included in dues. Guest meals are $8.50.
- Dues are $100 per quarter. Statements are sent out in July, October, January and April. The Sertoma year runs from July to June.
- Our application fee is $25. This fee is due with the first quarterly bill or it can accompany the application.
- Service to Mankind award is presented in March. The award is given to an individual in the community who has contributed non-financially to the service of others.
- Lima Noon has partnered with Bowling Green State University’s Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders to offer a Scholarship Award to a second year graduate student. This award is presented in April.
- Speech & Hearing month is recognized in May. There is a special program held that month to honor our poster child. The program speaker focuses on some aspect of speech and/or hearing.
- The inaugural is a semi-formal dinner that is held in June at the Shawnee Country Club. We induct our new club officers for the upcoming Sertoma year. Each member is automatically charged $35 for one meal. The amount is added to the July quarterly statement.
- We have a five week Summer Speech & Hearing Program that runs June through July. The goal is to help hearing/speech impaired children (ages 3-18) retain what they have learned throughout the school year.
- The Firefighter of the Year award is presented in October. The award is given to an individual who goes above and beyond the call of duty. This individual is nominated by his or her fellow employees and the selection is made by the fire chief. Sertoma organizes the event and presents the award.
- Pancake Day is our primary fundraiser and is held the first Saturday in November. All members are expected to participate.
- Kettle Day is the first or second Saturday in December. Sertomans ring the bell for Salvation Army outside of Kewpee on Allentown Road.
- The annual auction is held in December. Members are asked to donate items for the auction and can participate in the purchasing as well. The money collected is donated to the Salvation Army and several other social service agencies in Allen County.
- The SHARP (Sertoma Hearing Aid Recipient Program) program distributes hearing aids to those in need. There is an application process to determine eligibility. The program is run by the SHARP committee, which includes representatives from SRMC, LMH and several private practices.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out the form below, and someone will be in touch shortly.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Daytime Phone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Evening Phone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Street Address’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]